There are many good reasons why you should change to energy-saving light bulbs. Yes, LEDs are the most expensive to buy, but in the long run they could save you thousands of pounds. There are three types of energy-saving light bulb: compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs - the most common type of light bulb), halogens and LEDs.
Some of the benefits of LED light bulbs include:
• LEDs use 90% less energy than incandescent lights (CFLs use 60%-80% less than incandescent lights, and halogens use 20-30% less).
• LEDs are claimed to last for 25-30 years, dependent on use.
• LEDs give out their light quickly at start-up, so you don't have to put up with a few moments of dim light when you flick the light switch.
• LED lights don't contain mercury (CFLs do, although it's only a small amount)
• LEDs are a much more efficient lighting source, as a typical lamp will waste 98% of the energy used, in the form of heat.
Choosing a light bulb today for your home is more complicated than ever because the choice of bulbs keeps growing, but that’s where Marshall Electrics can help. We can give your advice on what type of bulb would work best in your home or business.